Welcome to the Top Barn Triathlon homepage, where we will keep you up to date with all the information about the day – which is now less than 5 months away, but that will go quickly!
Weather permitting, the course is the same as previous years, so you’ll have every opportunity to compete against previous PBs, or if it is your first time, to test yourself against one of the most popular open water races in the Midlands. For those looking for race maps the bike can be found here and the run course here
Here are a few key points about this year’s race:
- We are running the Sprint and Double again on the same course as last year.
- The Sprint is a 750m swim, 27km bike, 5km run
- The Double is a 1500m swim, 54km bike, 10km run (2 laps of each discipline).
- After the success of last year we are again running a Triple – yes that’s three glorious laps of each discipline, for those building up for Ironman distances in the near future. You will need to enter through the Double page and near the end of the entry form you will see a drop down box to select the Triple. Please note it has an earlier start time (7am) and strict cut-off times to make sure we are not out on the road too long!
- We hope that USN will again be providing support to the race, with their nutrition centre and manning the feed stations
- Xterra will be providing wetsuit and spot prizes this year.
- The race entry is 350 in total again, probably split 25 or so for the triple, 150 for the double (in 3 waves) and 175 for the sprint (in 4 or 5 waves)
- St Richard’s Hospice are our official Race partner and we are sponsoring their charity by donating 10% of registration fees to the hospice to help the good work they do in Worcestershire and beyond. There are just giving pages set up if you would like to donate.
This year there is a single cost irrespective of which race you enter – £38 (£35 BTF) and £45 for the relay.
If you find you are injured or can not race for any reason, we have a policy in WTC of rolling your place over to another one of our races next year. For more details, please refer the terms and conditions in Entry Central. We do not accept postal entries or cheques as Entry Central do all our on-line entries and maintain a database we use on the day to code the timing chips.
After trying this out for the first time last year, we will again be registering athletes on Saturday evening between 5 and 7pm which for local athletes and those camping it should give you a more leisurely way of signing in and help us get ahead of ourselves a little.
Registration for the Double will be 6.30am to 7.45am. Registration for the Sprint will be 7.15am to 8.15am.
Please remember to bring your BTF cards with you at registration to validate the race day license included in your application. Failure to present this will mean you are charged an additional £5 for a day license.
These will be published in the 2-3 days before the event once we have all the entries in. Please make sure you enter the correct swim time – remembering to put your 400m swim time, not the time you expect to do for the distance you are entering! We will use these times to order the swim times and
There will be a race briefing for each wave, 5-10 minutes prior to the race in the swim holding area. Please be at the race briefing near the swim start at least 15 minutes before your allotted race time.
For those doing the triple, cut-off times are
- 7am start
- 1hr for the swim (8am)
- 4 hours for completing the bike (11am)
- 5 hours 15 mins for the whole race (12.15pm).
Race instructions from 2012 can be found here – we hope not much will change so this should give you and idea – a big thanks to Anita at Neet Studios!
Please note we will be closing the centre to vehicle access whilst transition is in operation as the cyclists need to use the main gate, so make sure you arrive outside these times. We will publish more details nearer the time. There is plenty of parking on site, both next to the lake and also in the overflow car park which this year is situated in the office complex car park just up the hill opposite the lake entrance gates. Parking is not available in the adjacent fields as it has been in previous years so please follow the marshalls instructions when you arrive.
Prize-giving will take place approx 30 mins after the last competitor has finished that race.
Previous race winners and lap records are shown Race results – all years
Keep a look out for updates, see you at the race!